Landscape Equipment Exchange Program
The Landscape Equipment Exchange Program (LEEP) is now live! Click here to complete your LEEP Pre-Approval Form today.
Para español, use la traducción de Google arriba.
There is currently a total of $72,982 available for residential funding and a total of $310,000 available for commercial funding.
The Monterey Bay Air Resources District is pleased to offer the Landscape Equipment Exchange Program (LEEP) to residents and commercial operations of Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties. This program will provide financial incentives to replace old, combustion landscaping equipment with new, cordless, electric, zero-emission landscape equipment. In California, small off-road engines used in landscape equipment are a larger contributor to smog forming emissions than passenger cars. Exchanging old, combustion landscaping equipment with new, zero-emission replacements will help ensure healthier, quieter communities.
Take the LEEP! Transition to zero-emission equipment!
- Complete LEEP guidelines are available in the application.
- Applicants must have currently owned and operated the existing combustion landscape equipment in California for the past two years.
- New, comparable, cordless, zero-emission landscape equipment must be purchased only after Pre-Approval.
- A rebate incentive of 80% of purchase price is available to residential and commercial applicants.
- Residential applications are limited to the exchange of one piece of equipment capped at $2,000.
- Commercial applicants can exchange up 10 pieces of equipment in multiple categories capped at $15,000, with only one piece of equipment allowed in the Ride-On or Stand/Sit Mower category.
- Purchases must be made in-store at a local business within the Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties. No internet purchases will be accepted.
- Existing combustion landscape equipment must be transferred to an Approved Disposal Facility after Pre-Approval.
- Complete applications are reveiwed in the order they are received.
LEEP Three-Step Pre-Approval, Exchange and Reimbursement Process
- Complete the Landscape Equipment Exchange Program Pre-Approval Form.
- Be prepared to upload a copy of a valid government issued ID, a utility or cable bill from within the last 90 days, pictures of the existing combustion landscape equipment including serial numbers if possible and a picture of the quoted/listed price of the proposed new, zero-emission equipment.
- Wait to receive the Pre-Approval Email. Do not purchase the new, cordless, zero-emission landscape equipment before receiving the Pre-Approval Email . Equipment purchased before being Pre-Approved will not qualify. Do not lose, delete or misplace the Pre-Approval Email. This email will contain a unique link to the Reimbursement Form.
- Once Pre-Approved, participants must surrender existing combustion landscape equipment to an Approved Disposal Facility.
- Take pictures of the surrendered equipment at the Approved Disposal Facility.
- Retain the completed Recycler Certification Form.
- Participants may now purchase the comparable replacement, new cordless, zero-emission landscape equipment.
- Take pictures of the new equipment.
- Retain a copy of the purchase receipt.
- Follow the unique link provided in the Approval-Email and complete the Reimbursement Form.
- Be prepared to upload pictures of the surrenderd equipment at the Approved Disposal Facility, the completed Recycler Certification Form, pictures of the new equipment and a copy of the purchase receipt.
- Once the completed Reimbursement Form is submitted, it will be reviewed by the MBARD LEEP Team and reimbursement checks will be mailed to the mailing address provided.
Please feel free to contact the MBARD Landscape Equipment Exchange Program Team with any questions. Thank you for your interest in the Landscape Equipment Exchange Program!