Public Records Request
Public Records Form
The public may obtain copies of Monterey Bay Air Resources District (MBARD) documents by submitting a formal request, pursuant to the California Public Records Request Act Government Code Section 7920 et seq
- Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received. A Public Records Request form can be faxed, emailed, or mailed.
- You will be contacted within ten (10) days regarding the disposition of your request. Copies will not be provided if disclosure would infringe upon a copyright, trade secret, or is otherwise exempt in accordance with state law.
- Request processing times may vary depending on the amount of documents to be copied and research required to locate the records. You will be notified in advance of the time required to process your request. Please note that, in most cases, the more specific your request, the shorter the processing time.
Public Record Charges:
- Duplication of hard copies via paper or scanning will be assessed a fee of $0.10 cents per page, as set forth in Rule 301, Table 1 Schedule 8.
- The transfer of gathered electronic records onto CD, USB drive, or other similar type media will be assessed an electronic media fee of $7.00, as set forth in Rule 301, Table 1 Schedule 8.
- Fees for programming and computer services will be based on the actual cost of the staff time needed to perform the work based on hourly staff rate of $164.00, as set forth in Rule 301, Table 1 Hourly Staff Rate. The level of staff needed to fulfill the request for electronic information could vary depending on the intricacies and complexity of the request.
- For significant efforts, the requestor may be required to pay a portion or all of the costs in advance of commencing the work. The requestor may submit a request for a waiver or a reduction of fees incurred, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Requestors who wish to receive records via mail (regular mail, express, etc.) must pay mailing charges in accordance with the current postage rates.