MBARD is offering $1,000 to low-income applicants in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties as an incentive to purchase a Class 1, 2, or 3 electric bicycle in the price range of $1,000 - $4,000.
Purchase date must be on or after September 28, 2021.
The Monterey Bay Air Resources District is pleased to offer the Monterey Bay e-Bike Incentive Program (e-BIP) to low-income applicants from Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties. As e-bike technology advances and more e-bike models become available, e-bikes can be a useful way to displace vehicle trips for commuting to work or school and for running errands. The Air District encourages the use of pedal and electric power to reduce smog forming and global warming emissions while promoting the health and well being of our community.
Simple 3-step Application Process:
- Obtain low income verification through Central Coast Energy Services here.
- Purchase a new, qualifying e-bike from a local bike shop; not online. Used bicycles are not eligible.
- Apply for the e-bike incentive here.
You must submit the following documents with your application:
- Valid/Unexpired Photo ID (e.g. drivers license).
- Award Letter from Central Coast Energy Services.
- Utility or cable bill (from past 90 days).
- Sales receipt or invoice (must show Applicant's name and e-Bike's serial number).
- Photo of the serial number on the e-bike.
- Photo of the applicant with the e-bike.
The full program guidelines and requirements may be reviewed in the application form here.
Low Income Verification
You must be verified as low income eligible by Central Coast Energy Services before applying. Please contact CCES and submit a HEAP application.
- Website: https://www.energyservices.org/
- Phone Number: 1-888-728-3637
- Download Applications: https://www.energyservices.org/index-afh.html
The 1-888-728-3637 line works 24 hours a day and customers need only leave their name, address, and phone number to receive an application and instructions by mail within two to four working days.
CCES has the following income guidelines on their website www.energyservices.org, and you may also complete an online application there.
|HEAP Eligibility Guidelines* (eligibility in HEAP is determined by the last 30 days of income) Monthly income cannot exceed:|
|1 person - $2,431|
|2 person - $3,179|
|3 person - $3,927|
|4 person - $4,675|
|5 person - $5,423|
|6 person - $6,171|
|7 person - $6,311|
|8 person - $6,451|
|*HEAP eligibility guidelines may change depending on funding.|
Questions or Comments? Contact the E-Bike Incentive Program Team: